Information for:Sign up to our Engage eNewsletter
1. Who we are
The Engineering Council is the UK regulatory body for the engineering profession. The Engineering Council is a registered charity, number 286142, whose registered office is 10 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6EN
1.1 Contact details
The person responsible for data protection matters at the Engineering Council can be contacted:
• By email email@example.com
• by post to the above address
• or by telephone: 020 3206 0500
2. Personal Data
2.1 What is personal data
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify an individual.
|Personal data type supplied by you:|
|Forename(s) and Surname|
|Engineering Council’s registration number|
|Institution membership number|
2.3 What we use your personal data for
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
• To submit your application for registration under the Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA).
• To create a record of your application.
• For statistical generation, reporting and analysis of the data held on the International Register. All reports are anonymised so that they do not contain any personal data.
2.4 What is the basis for processing your data
The processing of your personal data by the Engineering Council is conducted on the basis of legitimate interest in order to facilitate your application under the Mutual Recognition Agreement and all associated processes as outlined in 2.3.
2.5 Special or sensitive data
The Engineering Council does not collect or process special categories of personal data or sensitive data such as race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, etc.
By consenting to this privacy notice, you are giving the Engineering Council permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified above. You may withdraw consent to the Engineering Council processing your personal data at any time by contacting the Engineering Council’s Data Protection representative and requesting a form.
4. Sharing your data
The Engineering Council will pass your personal data to the following third parties, without first obtaining your consent, for the following purpose(s) as part of our processing activities:
|Ordem Dos Engenheiros||To initiate the process of professional registration in
Portugal under the MoU
|KIVI||To initiate the process of professional registration in
the Netherland under the MRA
|AIPE||To initiate the process of professional registration in
Spain under the MRA
|AQPE||To initiate the process of professional registration in
Cataluña under the MRA
|Idaho Board||To provide the Idaho Board with a letter confirming
your professional registration and good standing for
application under the Comity Provision
The Engineering Council will not pass on your personal information to any other organisation.
The Engineering Council will continue to hold the record of your application indefinitely.
6. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you have the right to be object to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review - in the event that the Engineering Council refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with the reason why. You have the right to complain.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights we will forward them on, as appropriate, to any third party involved (as stated in section 4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
7. Subject Access Request
A Subject Access Request form and copy of the procedure can be requested by emailing the Engineering Council’s Data Protection Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject access requests will be forwarded on, as appropriate, to any third party involved (as stated in 4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Engineering Council (or third parties as described in 4 above), you have the right to lodge a complaint;
• directly with the Engineering Council data protection representative; and/or
• the Information Commissioner’s Office
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Data protection representative
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner's Office||Data Protection Representative|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||Engineering Council|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||5th Floor|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||10 Lower Thames Street|
|Address line 4:||Cheshire||London|
|Address line 5:||SK9 5AF||EC3R 6EN|
|Telephone||0303 123 1113||020 3206 0500|
9. Data Security:
All data held or processed by the Engineering Council is held in a secure server managed by the Engineering Council.
10. Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial changes. We will also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
Print this page