Show Form
Can’t find it? Try A-Z Check a registration

Information for:

Sign up to our Engage eNewsletter

1. Who we are

The Engineering Council is the UK regulatory body for the engineering profession. The Engineering Council is a registered charity, number 286142, whose registered office is
10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN.

1.1 Contact details
The person responsible for data protection matters at the Engineering Council can be contacted by:

2. Personal Data

2.1 What is personal data
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify an individual.

2.2 What personal data do we collect
The personal data that the Engineering Council collects and processes on you may include:

Personal data type supplied by you: Personal data supplied by someone else:
Name Institution membership number
Phone Number  
Email Address  
Engineering Council Registration number  
Institution membership number


2.3 What we use your personal data for
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:

2.4 What the lawful basis is for processing your data
Our basis for processing your personal data is legitimate interest to facilitate processes as outlined above.

2.5 Special or sensitive data
The Engineering Council does not collect or process special categories of personal data or sensitive data such as race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, etc.

3. Consent
There is no requirement for your consent to process your personal data as specified in this Notice unless it is outside the basis of legitimate interest.

4. Sharing your data
The Engineering Council may pass your personal data to the third parties, without first obtaining your consent, for the following purpose(s) as part of our processing activities:

5. Retention
The Engineering Council will continue to hold the record of your complaint for a period of six years. After this time these files will be securely disposed of unless there is a compelling lawful reason to do.

6. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify an individual.

If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will forward them on as appropriate to any third party involved (as listed above) in the processing of your personal data.

7. Subject Access Request
A Subject Access Request form and copy of the procedure can be requested by emailing

Subject access requests may be forwarded on, where appropriate, to any third party involved (as stated above, where applicable) in the processing of your personal data.

8. Complaints

In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Engineering Council (or third parties as listed above), you have the right to lodge a complaint;

The details for each of these contacts are:

  Supervisory authority contact details Data Protection Lead contact details
Contact Name: Information Commissioner's Office Data Protection Representative
Address line 1: Wycliffe House Engineering Council
Address line 2: Water Lane 10 Lower Thames Street
Address line 3: Wilmslow London
Address line 4: Cheshire  
Address line 5: SK9 5AF EC3R 6EN
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 020 3206 0500

Data Security:
All data held or processed by the Engineering Council is held in a secure server managed by the Engineering Council.

10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will notify you if there is a substantial change in the way we process your data. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.

Print this page