A new report produced by Lightcast on behalf of EngineeringUK has found that demand for engineers is predicted to grow faster than for other occupations and that vacancies for ‘green engineering’ roles in the UK have increased by more than half (55%) over the last five years.
As engineers play a central role in developing solutions to help fight climate change, engineering job advertisements seeking a ‘green skill’ across engineering sectors have risen by 48% between 2021 and 2022. This highlights the importance and far-reaching application of these skills.
The report investigates:
• The number of jobs within the engineering profession today and how this may be changing in the future
• Recruitment activity for engineering roles by using cutting-edge data on job postings
• What skills are needed by those working in engineering roles and the changing nature of these skills
• The relationship between the engineering footprint and the green economy
• The regional distribution of engineering activities
Click here to read the full report.