EUR-ACE® is a European quality label for accredited engineering degrees at both the Bachelors and Masters levels. The option of applying for the EUR-ACE® label is a further benefit of Engineering Council accreditation.
The EUR-ACE Bachelor label can be awarded to IEng or CEng accredited degrees with a minimum workload equivalent to at least 180 European Credits (ECTS).
The additional benefits from acquiring the EUR-ACE® label for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), on top of those provided by accreditation, include:
• an incentive to prospective students to choose an internationally recognised EUR-ACE® labelled programme
• access to reliable information and confidence in knowing graduates meet entry requirements for engineering Masters and Doctoral programmes
• assurance that a graduate’s knowledge, understanding and practical capabilities meet European and international standards and verification of the quality of the engineering education received
• automatic inclusion of programmes into the EUR-ACE® database and European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI) Index, which also lists degrees meeting the educational requirements for the EUR ING title
• facilitation of mobility between EU member states under the Directive on Recognition of Professional Qualifications.
Full details of the EUR-ACE® label can be found on the ENAEE website and universities wishing to apply for the label can find more details about the process on our web page Applying for the EUR-ACE label.