An event to discuss the future of higher education in Wales is being held on 7 December, following the publication of the Review of Higher Education Funding and Student Finance Arrangements in Wales, chaired by Sir Ian Diamond, in September.
Wonkhe and The Open University in Wales are collaborating on a joint event to explore what might happen next and hear perspectives on the future of higher education from across the post-compulsory education sector and beyond. The event is free and is being held at St David’s Hotel in Cardiff.
A keynote speech will be delivered by Kirsty Williams, Cabinet Secretary for Education, Welsh Government. Other confirmed speakers include:
• Rob Humphreys, Director, Open University in Wales
• Hywel Thomas, PVC Research, Innovation & Engagement, Cardiff University
• Cerys Furlong, Director for Wales, Learning and Work Institute
• Ioan Matthews, Director Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
• Fflur Elin, President, NUS Wales
• Margaret Phelan, UCU
• Gareth Rees, WISERD, Cardiff University
• Sir Emyr Jones Parry, President of The Learned Society of Wales
• Simon Pirotte, Principal, Bridgend College
Those who might be interested to attend include university policy, planning, communications and public affairs staff, as well as widening access professionals, senior leaders and student leaders. The even may also be of interest to civil servants, sector agencies and businesses that partner with universities. To download the full agenda, register to attend or find out more information, please visit http://wonkhe.com/events