EUR-ACE® is a European quality label for accredited engineering degrees at both the Bachelors and Masters levels. The option of applying for the EUR-ACE® label is a further benefit of Engineering Council accreditation.
The EUR-ACE Bachelor label can be awarded to IEng or CEng accredited degrees with a minimum workload equivalent to at least 180 European Credits (ECTS).
The additional benefits from acquiring the EUR-ACE® label for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), on top of those provided by accreditation, include:
• an incentive to prospective students to choose an internationally recognised EUR-ACE® labelled programme
• access to reliable information and confidence in knowing graduates meet entry requirements for engineering Masters and Doctoral programmes
• assurance that a graduate’s knowledge, understanding and practical capabilities meet European and international standards and verification of the quality of the engineering education received
• automatic inclusion of programmes into the EUR-ACE® database and European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI) Index, which also lists degrees meeting the educational requirements for the EUR ING title
• facilitation of mobility between EU member states under the Directive on Recognition of Professional Qualifications.
Full details of the EUR-ACE® label can be found on the ENAEE website and universities wishing to apply for the label can find more details about the process on the Engineering Council’s website.