In February 2016, Licensing Manager Brian Cameron left the Engineering Council after six years with the organisation and having made a valuable contribution to licensing activities during this time. With Brian's departure, the opportunity has been used to undertake a broad review of the Engineering Council’s licensing function which will inform the appointment of a new head of the department.
At the January and April 2016 Quality Assurance Committee meetings, the Committee agreed to renew five year licences for:
- Nuclear Institute (NI)
- Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE)
- Institution of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE).
In addition, the Committee has approved interim reviews for:
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
- Energy Institute (EI)
- British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT).
The Committee has also re-approved the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) as a Professional Affiliate of the Engineering Council.